Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - I am a GONZALEZ Sailor

The Sailor's Creed is an important aspect of many ceremonies onboard GONZALEZ. To honor the best crew in the Navy, I incorporated a GONZALEZ version of the Sailor's creed with pictures and video from the 2008 deployment. The full DV version looks much better, but this compressed version was suitable for publication on the blog. Hit play on the video below to check it out.

I am a GONZALEZ Sailor.
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and all who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country’s Navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment.
I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.

No comments: